Full Moons intensify and heighten our emotions, bringing out different aspects of ourselves and our unconscious minds. Every month that we're graced with a Full Moon, she appears in a different zodiac constellation, illuminating and taking on the nature of that unique astrological energy.
Today, October 13th 2019, the Full Moon takes place in fiery Aries, calling on us to step up, to have courage and to be our own heroes. Although we're in Libra season, a time of balance and relationship to other, this Aries Full Moon puts the spotlight on us as individuals.
Aries is exuberant, enthusiastic and has a thirst for action. With bounds of energy, this sign doesn't have much time for the phrase 'look before you leap'. Represented by the Ram, Aries has a zestful, energetic quality to their pursuit of life and being ruled by warrior planet, Mars, this sign knows how to get things done. Yet in their drive to push forward, there can be a reputation for impatience or locking horns with others.
Tonight's Aries Full Moon also forms two major aspects in the sky:
- Square Pluto, planet of transformation - a challenging energy that demands honesty and authenticity, prodding us to take a serious look at our needs and desires
- Trine Jupiter, planet of expansion - a harmonious energy that offers growth, faith and reward.
By being truly authentic to ourselves, our needs and our goals and by stepping into the courage of Aries to take decisive action, we each have the Universe's support to follow our individual hero's journeys.
Suggestions to make the most of this energy:
Recall your intentions and check in on your path - what effective action can you take today to bring you a step closer?
- Recall the times that you acted with courage or took a leap of faith in the past and the Universe rewarded you for it. Remember the strength that you felt, feel it again in your body and pour this into your new goals.
- Ask yourself if you've been too fast, inconsiderate or competitive. Aries energy can be brash and impulsive - are your head and heart in alignment?
- Are you holding onto any negative beliefs about your self-image? Find something about yourself that you love and appreciate. Feel the gratitude for this and let it spread through your entire body.
- Have you locked horns with anyone recently and it's been weighing on your mind? Consider making an apology or vice versa, work on your ability to forgive. It's difficult to grow while holding onto resentment. Write them a letter explaining why you were angry and why you're letting it go. No need to send it - let it burn and release the negative energy into the Universe to be transformed.
- Create an altar in a safe space. Meditate and feel your intentions. Adorn the altar with Aries symbols and 'correspondences', objects that have a natural affinity with the sign:
Colours: Red, pink, orange, yellow
Herbs/garden: Cinnamon, peppermint, rosemary, thyme, garlic, basil, blackberry
Stones: Agate, aventurine, bloodstone, carnelian, citrine, jasper, sardonyx
With love and best wishes x